Sunday, August 07, 2011

Recent Cards

A few weeks ago I had my Mum's and Sister's Birthday (both on the same day), here are their cards that I made.

Mum's card was actually a card that Sharon designed and taught in store a few months ago using papers from Lily Bee Design but instead of adding Ballerina Marci from La La Land (which Sharon had originally used) I slightly changed it and just added the sentiment and the layered labels and this seemed to work really well.
I loved the colours and original design of the card that Sharon made but this just worked perfectly also.



Angela's card was made using the new 6x6 Paper Pad from My Mind's Eye Papers (which I love)and if you look closley you will see that I have sewn around the edges (now don't fall off your chair, that there is sewing on my card!)
I love the idea of sewing on your projects but it actaully scares me as I cannot sew in a straight line and am worried that I will muck it up. But when no one is around I can take my time and hey, must say pretty happy with how it turned out!!



Obviously it was her 40th so I wanted something a little special.
I coloured Tilda with Copics and added some beautiful flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a Vintage Hat Pin.
I had a bit of an accident with my ribbon but I had hot glued it down and there was no way this baby was coming off! So was very unhappy about that!

Anyway, it's been a while since I've made some cards that aren't for the shop and I really enjoyed just playing.

Thanks...Jules

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails